4Grit, Inc. (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “the Company”) values our users (“you”) and commits to protecting your personal information.
We abide by South Korea's Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc., the Personal Information Protection Act, and the Enforcement Decree of the Personal Information Protection Act.
1. Creating an account through Sign Up
- Required information: email, encrypted password, nickname, job title
- Optional information: profile picture, bio, URL addresses, marketing email permissions
2. Verifying it’s you
- Collected information: email
3. Marketing and advertisements
- Collected information: email
- Collected information: Name, physical address, phone number, company name, profession, department, job title
5. The following information may be collected when using our services:
- cookies, service usage log, visit history log, access log, access IP address, etc.
6. How we collect your personal information: We collect personal information only when you voluntarily provide it.
We use the collected personal information for the following purposes.
1. Providing services
Used for providing services and content
2. Managing members
Used for identifying your sign-up intent, verifying your identity for being a member, identifying individual customers, prohibiting customers from illegal and unpermitted service use, verifying your identity upon limited verification measures, keeping records for settling disputes, resolving inquiries and complaints, and delivering notifications.
3. Marketing and advertisements
Used for developing new features, providing customized services, providing promotional information and opportunities to participate in events, checking service efficiency and access frequency, providing services based on statistics, and calculating your service use.
1. We permanently delete your personal information after it has fulfilled its intended purpose.
2. If you delete your Beusable Forum account, which is linked to a social media account, we also delete the link between the social media account and the Beusable Forum account.
3. Your personal information is saved and used for the purposes stated in Article 3 until you delete your account. However, if the information corresponds to the cases listed below, we store the information for a specified period described as follows.
- Your ID and nickname are stored separately for 30 days and then deleted to prevent fraudulent use
- In the case of an ongoing investigation related to privacy laws, information is stored until the investigation is resolved.
- If credits and debts remain related to service use, information is stored until said matters are settled.
Storage period for business transactions, including displays, advertisements, contracts, and implementation of contracts based on [The Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.]
- Displays and advertisements: 6 months
- Records related to resolving customer complaints or disputes: 3 years
- Records related to contract or subscription withdrawal: 5 years
- Records related to payments, providing goods, etc.: 5 years
Storage period for website access records based on [The Protection of Communications Secrets Act]: 3 months
Storage period for records of verifying your identity based on [The Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.]: 6 months
1. You can always view or edit your registered personal information and delete your account.
2. You can exercise your rights to Paragraph 1 through physical mail or email. We will proceed to the subsequent action without delay.
3. You can view your personal information under “My Profile,” edit its content through “Edit Profile,” and delete your account by clicking “Delete Account.”
4. If you want to cancel your marketing email subscription, you may click the link in the email or go to your email settings under ‘My Zone’ to manually unsubscribe.
5. If you request to correct an error regarding your personal information, your personal information will only be used or provided once the correction is complete. However, accessing and editing your personal information may be restricted in the following cases.
- In case there is a risk of significantly harming the life, body, property, or rights of you or a third party
- In the case that there is a risk of significant disruption to the service provider’s business
- In the case of law violations
6. You can exercise your rights to Paragraph 1 through an agent, such as a legal representative of the information subject or a delegated person. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney.
7. There may be a case in which you request that we delete the data we collected from our records. If we are legally obligated to retain the data or data deletion is deemed impossible or inappropriate, we will store the information for the necessary period and not proceed with the deletion.
1. Cookies are character-string information (text files) stored in a web browser by a web server and sent back to the server when there are additional requests. After requests are made, cookies are stored in your computer’s hard drive.
2. We install and run cookies that store and search for your information via the internet.
3. The information we collect through cookies is limited to a unique number assigned to you, and we do not collect other information.The unique number we collect from cookies may be used for the following purposes.
- For providing customized service based on areas of interest of each customer.
- For targeted marketing based on areas of user interest through analyzing access frequency or visit duration of both members and non-members.
- For optimizing Beusable Forum services by tracking and analyzing service usage records.
4. You can choose whether to accept tracking via cookies. You can allow cookies to be stored by adjusting your web browser settings. You also have the option to manually go through a list of stored cookies and choose the ones you want to keep or reject all cookies. Some of our services may become restricted if you reject our cookies.
After the information we collect fulfills its purpose, we immediately delete it based on the storage and usage period. The information we delete and how the information is deleted is as follows.
1. Deletion Procedure
- We store the personal information we collect for a certain period (refer to ‘How Long the Personal Information is Stored’) based on our policies and laws related to information security. Once the information has fulfilled its purpose, we delete the information immediately.
2. Deletion Method
- We shred any physical form of personal information. Personal information that is digitally stored as a file is deleted to the point of no recovery.
We follow Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act and take technical, managerial, and physical measures to protect your personal information.
1. Encryption of personal information
We take necessary measures to control access to personal information by providing, changing, and deleting access rights to the database system that processes your personal information. We also maintain control over unauthorized external access using an infringement-blocking system.
2. Storage and prevention of forgery for access records
We retain and manage records of access to the personal information processing system for at least 6 months. We use a security function to protect the access records from being forged, stolen, or lost.
3. Physical locking system for document security
We keep documents and auxiliary storage devices that contain your personal information in a safe place with a locking system.
If you believe your rights are infringed, you can contact the following organizations for remedies. The following organizations are not associated with us. Please get in touch with the following organizations for further assistance if you are not satisfied with how we handle complaints or remedies.
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (www.kopico.go.kr / 82-1833-6972)
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center of Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA) (privacy.kisa.or.kr / 82-118)
- Cybercrime Investigation Division at Supreme Prosecutors' Office (SPO) (http://www.spo.go.kr / 82-2-3480-2000)
- Cyber Terror Investigation Section (www.netan.go.kr / 82-2-392-0330)
- Personal Information Protection Mark Accreditation Committee (http://www.eprivacy.or.kr / 82-2-580-0533~4)
We appoint officers who are responsible for the protection of overall personal information. They are responsible for processing and resolving complaints and damages concerning the process of personal information.
Name: Taejoon Park
Phone number: +82-10-2048-4397
Name: Jeeho Choi
Phone number: +82-10-4300-4319